— July 2014 - present
Australia Luxe Co. is one of the leading brands in the designer sheepskin and leather products market. We develop footwear, handbags, jackets, and accessories, with international markets all over the world. I was brought on to head the design department along side the CEO. I've been able to implement and develop effective design ideas that help the company grow in a more profitable and efficient direction.
Examples include: our standard SKU naming system, illustrated communication with international factories to reduce language barrier issues, product developement of catagories outside of the companies core sheepskin business to gain new demographics.
— Conceptualizing themes and mood boards seasonally.
— Creating and adhering to the productions schedule. Communicating this to our factories for on time deliver bench marks.
— Textile development + sourcing
— Attend tradeshows to learn new technologies and processes
— Pre-production/sample development + coordinator
— Tracking protos to ensure on time delivery of samples.
— Factory communication and travel for China, and Mexico to oversee final development of textiles and samples.
— Lookbook layout + design + print management
— Creating style codes + pricing conversions from cost
— January 2013 - May 2014
A technical outer wear company based in Venice, CA. Coldsmoke creates created some of the highest quality tech outer wear in the industry; rivaling such companies as Arcteryx and Burton.
Engineering custom textiles based on the company's historic military influence.
Developed packaging, hardware labeling, and accessories; keeping with the brand DNA that the Creative Director [Imani Lanier] and I developed.
Designing graphic icons that communicate the Coldsmoke DNA.
Designing our graphic tees along with managing some of our freelance artist projects.
APPAREL GRAPHIC DESIGN
LOGO DESIGN+BRAND ID
Design the new restaraunt brand ID, and menu layout art.
— March 2011 - December 2011
American Apparel is a leading basics brand for young adults and people of all ages, with both wholesale and retail divisions globally.
I was responsible for coordinating and expediting cut goods between departments to ensure production and sewing needs are being met in a timely manner.
• Review and distribute work based on current team capacity and production needs to ensure sewing teams have a constant work flow.
• Review team capacities, number of operators, team footprints, and conversions to ensure Workcenter file reflects most up-to-date information.
• Responsible for ensuring cut goods meet their promised ETA.
• Work closely with Resource Assigners to notify of any team capacity modifications.
• Work closely with Sewing Coordinating and Scheduler teams on shortages/surpluses of capacities.
• Review days below minimum, production capacities, and scheduler priorities to plan for potential team conversations.
• Walk sewing floor to ensure work is being sewn in order of priority.
• Communicate and report updates for cut goods in WIP (work-in-process) to necessary departments.
• Constant communication with Lead Sewing Supervisors concerning cut goods on the sewing floor/teams.
• Oversee that MSOs in WIP are closed/cleared out properly after pieces are sewn.