— March 2011 - December 2011
American Apparel is a leading basics brand for young adults and people of all ages, with both wholesale and retail divisions globally.
I was responsible for coordinating and expediting cut goods between departments to ensure production and sewing needs are being met in a timely manner.
• Review and distribute work based on current team capacity and production needs to ensure sewing teams have a constant work flow.
• Review team capacities, number of operators, team footprints, and conversions to ensure Workcenter file reflects most up-to-date information.
• Responsible for ensuring cut goods meet their promised ETA.
• Work closely with Resource Assigners to notify of any team capacity modifications.
• Work closely with Sewing Coordinating and Scheduler teams on shortages/surpluses of capacities.
• Review days below minimum, production capacities, and scheduler priorities to plan for potential team conversations.
• Walk sewing floor to ensure work is being sewn in order of priority.
• Communicate and report updates for cut goods in WIP (work-in-process) to necessary departments.
• Constant communication with Lead Sewing Supervisors concerning cut goods on the sewing floor/teams.
• Oversee that MSOs in WIP are closed/cleared out properly after pieces are sewn.